CaliforniaChoice Plan Comparison: Health Net and Western Health Advantage
Having health insurance choices is important. Health care is, after all, not “one size fits all.” Everyone’s needs are different. That's why, at CaliforniaChoice, we give you and your employees the ability to choose from eight different health plans in a single health insurance program.
We're looking more closely at each of those eight health plans in our comparison series – so you can evaluate the key benefits of each and determine what makes sense for your business.
This comparison will highlight Health Net, available statewide, and Western Health Advantage, available in Northern California.
Established in 1977, Health Net of California is among the state’s largest health insurers – offering a range of coverage options to millions of California residents. Within the CaliforniaChoice program, you and your employees can choose from 12 different HMO options.
Health Net Benefits Overview
- Predictable costs and easy-to-understand health care benefits
- A choice of provider networks with trusted doctors, medical groups, and hospitals in cities across California
- Access to nurses by phone 24/7
- A Health Net Mobile app that makes it easier for you to get things done
- 24/7 access to telehealth services, with board-certified doctors available by phone, mobile app, or on the web
- Ability to schedule an on-demand doctor house call for sick/urgent care services through Heal.com (in select urban areas)
- Decision Power Wellness Coaching
Western Health Advantage
Since 1996, Western Health Advantage (WHA) has been a reliable health care partner to Northern Californians. Through its HMO network, WHA serves employers and individuals in Sacramento, Yolo, Solano, Napa, Sonoma, and Marin counties as well as parts of Placer and El Dorado counties. Supporting the communities is one of WHA’s core values.
Western Health Advantage Benefits Overview
- Affordable coverage with many choices
- A network of thousands of local, trusted doctors and specialists
- Responsive customer service staffed by local, real people
- MyWHA Wellness program with online health and wellness tools
- Discounts on gym memberships
- Nurse24 advice line with registered nurses 24/7
- Worldwide urgent and emergency coverage with Assist America
The CaliforniaChoice Advantage
CaliforniaChoice gives you and your employees the ability to choose the health plan that meets your unique needs. For example, one of your employees could choose Anthem Blue Cross because of its PPO network. Another employee could select Western Health Advantage because of its 24/7 accessibility to nurses and doctors.
However, the advantages of CaliforniaChoice go beyond great health insurance options. There are extras for employers, too. CaliforniaChoice offers single source administration for enrollment, billing, eligibility, and customer service. You can manage all of your employees’ health insurance benefits in a single program – and pay just one monthly bill.
Check back to see additional plan comparisons, including:
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Kaiser Permanente
- Oscar Health
- Sharp Health Plan
- Sutter Health Plus
Your employee benefits agent or insurance broker can help you learn more about all of the coverage options from CaliforniaChoice. If you don’t already have an agent, you can find one here.