You may already know that CaliforniaChoice is a great option for employee benefits for small businesses. What you may not realize is that it is also a great employee benefits solutions for larger employers.
With CaliforniaChoice, you can offer more choice to employees, while still controlling costs for your business. CaliforniaChoice is the only program in the Golden State that gives employees access to more than 130 options from eight leading health plans.
Health Insurance for Large Companies
1: More Plan Variety
At CaliforniaChoice, we recognize that you and each of your employees are different. Each of you is unique, just like your health care needs. We are different, too. That’s why we offer a “California Different” way to offer benefits to your employees.
CaliforniaChoice members can choose from a wide variety of Health Maintenance Organization (HMO), Exclusive Provider Organization (EPO), and Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plans as well as Health Savings Account-compatible High Deductible Health Plans (HDHPs).
One of your employees might choose a PPO from Anthem Blue Cross because of a specific doctor or hospital in its network. Another employee who rarely visits the doctor might choose an HMO from Kaiser Permanente, Health Net, UnitedHealthcare, or a regional health plan partner. Three regional plans are among the eight participants in the CaliforniaChoice program. They include Sharp Health Plan, Sutter Health Plus, and Western Health Advantage. A third employee might choose an EPO from Anthem or Cigna + Oscar. Whatever your employees’ needs may be, it’s their Choice!
2: Cost Control for Your Business
It’s easy for you to control costs with CaliforniaChoice. That’s because Defined Contribution lets you choose how much you contribute to employees’ premiums. You can select a Fixed Percentage (50% to 100%) of a specific plan and/or benefit. Or you can choose a Fixed Dollar Amount for each employee. Each of your employees then apply your generous contribution to the cost of the health plan and benefits they prefer. If employees select a plan that costs more than your contribution, they simply pay the difference.
When you renew with CaliforniaChoice, you have the option to adjust your contribution up or down, giving you complete control over what you spend on employee benefits for another year. Your employees can change their coverage and stay in the CaliforniaChoice program.
3: Options for Dental, Vision, and Chiropractic
Not only does CaliforniaChoice offer outstanding health benefits, but it offers other coverage, too, including:
- Dental: Multiple voluntary options are available, including two MetLife DHMO plans, two SmileSaver DHMO plans, and a Dental PPO from Ameritas.
- Vision: Two voluntary plan options are available in addition to the Vision One Eyecare Discount Program.
- Chiropractic & Acupuncture: Landmark Healthplan offers two plans: a Chiro only plan and a plan with coverage for Chiropractic and Acupuncture.
- Life and AD&D: Assurity Life offers coverage from $10,000 to $100,000. AD&D and a living benefit provision are included.
4: No-Added-Cost Perks
Through the CaliforniaChoice Business Solutions Suite and Member Value Suite, you and your employees can also take advantage of no-cost value-added features and benefits, including:
- A Premium Only Plan (POP) that allows employees to pay insurance premiums pre-tax, while also reducing your tax liability as an employer.
- State or federal COBRA participant invoicing, premium collection, and remittance. (Cal-COBRA or COBRA billing services depend on your company’s group size.)
- A Flexible Spending Account (FSA) that allows employees to set aside funds on a pre-tax basis to pay for eligible medical expenses like copays and prescriptions. (Available to groups with 15+ employees.)
- Rx discounts, an HSA Resource Center, and more.
- Reduced fees for Dental Care services through Dentegra® Smile Club providers.
- Savings on hearing tests, hearing aids, batteries, ear protection, swim plugs, and more.
- Prescription savings of up to 80% using the California Rx Card; you and your employees could reduce your Rx out-of-pocket costs to less than your health plan copay.
- A Cal Perks membership offering savings on theme and water parks, sporting events, museums, movies, travel, and more.
- Discounts on fitness center memberships and wellness.
5: Flexibility for Employees
You can also make other products available to your employees through the CaliforniaChoice Member Marketplace. That gives them a way to deal with expenses that may not be covered by their health insurance. Options include Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Hospital Indemnity, and Legal Plans. Offered in connection with MetLife, these are some of the country’s most popular added benefits. And there’s no cost to you, since subscribing employees pay their premiums directly.
Get Help from a Broker
CaliforniaChoice is a great benefits choice for businesses large and small. It delivers more choice for employees. It helps you control costs for your business. And it offers simplified administration: one bill and one website to manage all employees’ coverage.
Ask your broker for a CaliforniaChoice quote. Or, if you don’t already have a broker, we make it easy to search for one at MyCalChoice.com.