Online Search Tools to Help You Find the Right Health Plan
When comparing health plans, it's important to know if you'll have access to the doctors, specialists, and hospitals you prefer. If you have a current patient relationship with a provider, you may want to avoid interruptions to your ongoing care.
The CaliforniaChoice Online Provider Search provides insight into these details. It helps you can find out if a doctor or hospital is part of a plan’s provider network. You have many health plans from which to choose: Anthem Blue Cross, Cigna + Oscar, Health Net, Kaiser Permanente, Oscar, Sharp Health Plan, Sutter Health Plus, UnitedHealthcare, and Western Health Advantage.
You can look up other care providers, too. That includes dentists, vision care providers, chiropractors, and acupuncturists.
Here’s how it works for a Medical search:
- Go to Provider Search on the CaliforniaChoice homepage
- Fill in some search information
- Enter a city or ZIP Code (required)
- Specify the doctor’s gender
- Select a health plan/carrier
- Click “Find Your Doctor”
- Review the results
You can narrow or widen a Medical search by adding:
- Hospital affiliation
- Language(s) spoken
- Preferred doctor’s last name
- Distance from your targeted ZIP Code or city
For Dental, Vision, and Chiropractic & Acupuncture searches:
- For Ameritas Dental, click “Continue” and search by city, distance, name, specialty, or other criteria.
- For MetLife Dental, search by ZIP Code, network, or practice name.
- For EyeMed Vision, you can search by ZIP Code or address.
- For VSP Vision, you can search by ZIP Code or address. Or, use “Advanced Search” and add Gender, Language, Doctor Network, Type of Doctor, Products, Services, Frame Brands, and Hours filters.
- For Chiropractic coverage, you’ll be sent to the Landmark Healthplan site. Once there, you can select your plan and search by Acupuncturist or Chiropractor.
Our Online Rx Search allows you to look up prescription drugs by brand, generic name, or health condition. You can see if each is included in the health plans you’re considering.
These online search tools are just two of the valuable resources available from CaliforniaChoice, the multi-carrier, employee-choice, small business private exchange.
To find out how CaliforniaChoice can help you expand your options for employees while still controlling costs, contact your employee benefits agent. If you do not already have an agent, we can help you find one.