One of your major concerns as a small business owner or HR manager is likely how you can offer benefits to your employees – and still control costs for your business. It can be a delicate balance. However, there’s a program available that can really make a difference.
The CaliforniaChoice multi-carrier, employee-choice program offers your employees access to eight different health plans. Participants can choose from:
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Cigna + Oscar
- Health Net
- Kaiser Permanente
- Sharp Health Plan
- Sutter Health Plus
- Western Health Advantage
The program features 20 provider network choices and 130+ HMO, PPO, EPO, and HSA-qualified plan options.
Offering CaliforniaChoice allows employees to find the coverage that best fits their individual or family health care needs. But it doesn’t stop there. CaliforniaChoice allows you to control your costs through a concept called Defined Contribution. You choose how much you contribute to your employees’ health plan premium.
You can contribute a Fixed Percentage (50% to 100%) of a specific plan and/or benefit. Oryou can contribute a Fixed Dollar Amount for each employee. Whatever you decide, your cintribution for all employees must be the same.
Your employees then apply your generous contribution to the health plan and benefits they prefer. If employees select a plan that costs more than your contribution, they pay the difference. It’s that simple.
At renewal, you can adjust – up or down – the amount you’re contributing. That gives you complete control over your employee benefits budget for another year.
Health – and Much More
Of course, CaliforniaChoice doesn’t just offer your employees great health care options. It offers optional benefits for Dental, Vision, Chiropractic, and Life and AD&D, too.
The Member Value Suite delivers savings on a range of wellness products and services as well as entertainment, travel, and more. The suite includes:
- fitness center memberships for just $25 a month at 10,000 locations nationwide
- savings on dental, vision, and hearing care services
- discounts of up 75% on prescriptions – often reducing your cost to less than your Rx co-pay with insurance
- Cal Perks discounts on movies, theme parks, hotels, online shopping, and much more
Our no-cost Business Solutions Suite offers added benefits for your business as well, including:
- Cal-COBRA or COBRA participant invoicing, premium collection, and remittance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) so employees can put money away, pre-tax, to pay for eligible out-of-pocket health care expenses (for groups with 15 or more employees)
- HR Support Center from Mineral, including an online library of useful materials like company policies, job descriptions, and HR forms; alerts about changing regs; and a glossary of HR terms
Talk with a Broker to Learn More
Offering a broad level of choice to employees will help you attract and retain them in a competitive talent marketplace. Talk with your insurance broker about getting a quote for CaliforniaChoice. It offers a broad range of options for employees – while giving you an easy way to control your benefits costs. If you don’t have a broker, you can search for one on our website.