Born and raised in California, CaliforniaChoice celebrates the fact that each of your employees is different – with their own unique needs. We embrace those differences because we, too, are different. Our program gives your employees the freedom to choose the health plan they want.
With a California Different Approach, We Make Health Care Simple
With CaliforniaChoice, you have the freedom to offer it all while staying focused on what’s important to you – your business. We’ve partnered with eight top health plans with a variety of HMO, PPO, EPO, and other benefits options to choose from – all at different price points so you can control costs.
Together with our health plan partners, we offer the greatest access to doctors, specialists, and hospitals in the state, in one program:
- Eight health plans: Anthem Blue Cross, Cigna + Oscar, Health Net, Kaiser Permanente, Sharp Health Plan, Sutter Health Plus, UnitedHealthcare, and Western Health Advantage
- 100+ HMO, PPO, EPO, and HSA-qualified options
- Full and limited networks
- Greater employer cost control with Defined Contribution
- Single source administration plus value-added extras
For example, one of your employees might choose a PPO because of a particular doctor in the network, while another employee looking for a low copay may select an HMO. A third employee might prefer a health plan serving only their community. Whatever your employees need, it’s their choice.
Smart Decision Technology
We also have tools to simplify the enrollment process, provide more information about each plan option, and support doctor selection. Our Smart Decision Technology helps your employees make informed decisions when they enroll.
Additional Benefits and Services
Dental, Vision, Chiropractic, and Life are also available to all businesses. Some benefits are optional while others are included at no additional costs as part of the CaliforniaChoice Member Value Suite.
The products and services in our Business Solutions Suite are also available to employers at no cost. They include:
- HR support with 24-hour access to an online database of downloadable forms, job descriptions, and Q&As for common HR issues
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) which allow employees to save on taxes by setting aside money on a pre-tax basis to pay for health care
- COBRA and Cal-COBRA related services based on group size
- Premium Only Plans (POP) to give employees the ability to increase take-home pay by using pre-tax dollars to pay their Medical and Dental premiums
Talk with your employee benefits broker to learn more. If you don’t have a broker, we’ll help you find one.