7 Reasons to Use a Broker and a Private Exchange for Your Small Business Employees’ Health Insurance in 2018
If you’re a small business owner or manager, shopping for health insurance benefits for your employees can be complicated and confusing. Researching plan options and finding a plan that works for – and satisfies – all of your employees can be overwhelming.
Why not consider a different approach? Ask an employee benefits broker for help.
A broker can assist you, your small business, and your employees in many ways, including:
- Researching different health insurance coverage options: HMOs, PPOs, Health Savings Account-qualified High Deductible Health Plans, and other choices.
- Introducing you to the concept of a private health exchange, which gives you and your employees access to multiple health plans in a single program;
- Helping you find out which plans offer access to your preferred doctors and hospitals;
- Determining your employee benefits budget, so it’s right for your business while still offering your employees more choice and access to the health care they want and need;
- Enrolling your employees – whether you want a traditional “paper” enrollment or the convenience and speed of online enrollment;
- Making changes to your employees’ coverage throughout the year, such as when you hire a new employee, or assisting with a claims-related matter;
- Helping you at renewal , whether you want to continue your existing coverage, adjust your employee benefits budget, or consider a change to your employee health plan.
There’s no cost to you for your broker’s services
You may be surprised to learn a broker’s services are free. In fact, a broker could save you and your company money because he or she has the insurance expertise to find the most comprehensive benefits at the most competitive cost for your business.
What makes a private exchange a good choice for your company and employees?
While no two small businesses are alike, many employers like the convenience and ease of administration offered by a private exchange.
For example, the CaliforniaChoice multi-carrier, employee-choice program offers many advantages:
- More employee choice – you and your employees get access to seven of the state’s leading health plans (and dozens of coverage options), so it’s easy to find the right plan for your individual or family health care needs; if you want to change plans at renewal, you can stay within the CaliforniaChoice program year after year.
- Cost control – you decide what you want to spend on your employees’ benefits, and that amount is locked in for 12 months. If an employee selects a plan that costs more than your contribution, he or she simply pays the difference in premium.
- Increased efficiency – one bill for all of your employees’ coverage (even if they choose different health plans from different insurers), one toll-free number when you or an employee needs assistance, and one website to manage your CaliforniaChoice benefits.
- Added perks – CaliforniaChoice offers more than just health care. It also offers a Business Solutions Suite which includes discount Dental, Vision, and Hearing services, a Premium Only Plan (POP), online human resources support from HRAnswerLink, an entertainment discount program and a free Flexible Spending Account (for groups of 15+), and more.
CaliforniaChoice has been helping small businesses offer the best health insurance for employees since 1996. If you would like to get a quote for CaliforniaChoice coverage for your employees, fill out our Contact Form and we’ll put you in touch with a broker who can help your employees sign up. Or, if you already have a broker, ask him or her about how CaliforniaChoice can help you increase choice for your employees, while still helping you control your costs.