CaliforniaChoice gives you and your employees the freedom to choose coverage from a range of different health plans in a single program. “Choice” is a part of our name – and we have been offering more health plan options to Californians since 1996.
Choice is important, but having information to help you understand the advantages offered by each of your health plan options is essential, too. That’s why we launched this ongoing series of comparisons to break it down for you.
The comparison below looks at the benefits of UnitedHealthcare and Cigna + Oscar, both available statewide through the CaliforniaChoice program.
UnitedHealthcare of California provides access to quality care and helps you manage your family’s health care costs. The insurer’s large California HMO network includes local physicians and health care professionals in your community. Offering a combination of benefits, quality care, wellness programs to help keep you and your family healthier, and award-winning customer service makes UnitedHealthcare the smart choice for your family’s health care coverage needs.
UnitedHealthcare Benefits Overview
- A broad network of quality local doctors and hospitals
- A member website, uhcwest.com, providing online tools and resources
- Health and wellness programs
- Preventive care for covered family members
- Fitness reimbursement program
Cigna + Oscar
Partnering in 2020, Cigna + Oscar is designed to work for small businesses. It brings together the power of Cigna’s nationwide and local provider networks and Oscar’s member-focused experience. The companies offer affordable, fully insured health benefits for small businesses and their employees.
Cigna + Oscar Benefits Overview
- Integrated medical, behavioral, and pharmacy services
- Broad access to high-performing networks of doctors and hospitals
- Support from a dedicated concierge team assigned to members to help each understand available plan benefits and find care
- Digital-first support, featuring 24/7 telemedicine at no charge + easy ID card access
- Search tools to review health care providers, book appointments, find facilities, and check prescriptions
The CaliforniaChoice Advantage
With CaliforniaChoice, you and your employees have more choice – and the ability to find health insurance that meets your unique needs. One of your employees might choose an EPO plan because of its health network and direct access to in-network specialists. Another employee might select HMO coverage because of its lower out-of-pocket costs. With CaliforniaChoice, they both get what they need – while other employees have the option to choose from dozens of coverage options through other plans.
There are benefits for you, too – like a single monthly bill for all of your employees’ coverage and single-source administration for enrollment, eligibility, and customer care.
Check back to see additional comparisons on other CaliforniaChoice plans, including:
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Health Net
- Kaiser Permanente
- Oscar Health
- Sharp Health Plan
- Sutter Health Plus
- Western Health Advantage
An employee benefits agent can provide you with more information about the advantages of CaliforniaChoice and available coverage options. If you don’t already have an agent, you can search for one here.