CaliforniaChoice Health Plan Comparison: Sutter Health Plus and Cigna + Oscar
CaliforniaChoice recognizes the importance of having choices when it comes to something as important as health care. That's why we've created the most diverse portfolio of health benefits on the market. We give you and your employees the freedom to choose from a roster of different health plans in a single program.
We're highlighting the key offerings of each available health plan in our plan comparison series. This comparison features Sutter Health Plus and Cigna + Oscar.
Sutter Health Plus
Not-for-profit Sutter Health Plus offers competitively priced HMO health plans in the Greater Central Valley, Sacramento, and San Francisco Bay Area. When you choose Sutter Health Plus, you gain access to a high-quality provider network that includes many of Sutter Health’s nationally respected and recognized hospitals, doctors, and other health care services – all at an affordable price.
Sutter Health Plus Benefits Overview
- Competitively priced products that give members access to a network of providers
- Convenient locations within the service area for primary care, specialty care, X-ray and diagnostic imaging, lab, hospital services, etc.
- Mail-order pharmacy program and conveniently located retail pharmacies
- My Health Online (not offered by all providers) to schedule appointments, email doctors, view test results, and access records
- Coverage for emergency and urgent care anywhere in the world
- Welcome calls to help new and returning members better understand medical benefits and coverage – and assist in facilitating initial appointments
Cigna + Oscar
Partnering in 2020, Cigna + Oscar is designed to work for small businesses. It brings together the power of Cigna's nationwide and local provider networks and Oscar’s member-focused experience. The companies offer affordable, fully insured health benefits for small businesses and their employees.
Cigna + Oscar Benefits Overview
- Integrated medical, behavioral, and pharmacy services
- Broad access to high-performing networks of doctors and hospitals
- Support from a dedicated concierge team assigned to members to help each understand available plan benefits and find care
- Digital-first support, featuring 24/7 telemedicine at no charge + easy ID card access
- Search tools to review health care providers, book appointments, find facilities, and check prescriptions
The CaliforniaChoice Advantage
With CaliforniaChoice, you and your employees have more choice – and the ability to find health insurance that meets your unique needs. One of your employees might choose an EPO plan because of its health network. Another employee might select HMO coverage from a regional or statewide plan. With CaliforniaChoice, they both get what they need – while other employees have the option to choose from dozens of coverage options.
There are benefits for you, too – like a single monthly bill for all of your employees’ coverage and single-source administration for enrollment, eligibility, and customer care.
Check back to see additional comparisons on other CaliforniaChoice plans, including:
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Health Net
- Kaiser Permanente
- Oscar Health
- Sharp Health Plan
- Western Health Advantage
An employee benefits agent can provide you with more information about the advantages of CaliforniaChoice and available coverage options. If you don’t already have an agent, you can search for one here.