CaliforniaChoice Health Plan Comparison: Sutter Health Plus and Western Health Advantage
CaliforniaChoice recognizes the importance of having choices when it comes to something as important as health care. That's why we've created the most diverse portfolio of health benefits on the market. We give you and your employees the freedom to choose from nine different health plans in a single program.
We're highlighting the key offerings of each available health plan in our plan comparison series. This comparison features Sutter Health Plus and Western Health Advantage, both available regionally in Northern California.
Sutter Health Plus
Not-for-profit Sutter Health Plus offers competitively priced HMO health plans in the Greater Central Valley, Sacramento, and San Francisco Bay Area. When you choose Sutter Health Plus, you gain access to a high-quality provider network that includes many of Sutter Health’s nationally respected and recognized hospitals, doctors, and other health care services – all at an affordable price.
Sutter Health Plus Benefits Overview
- Competitively priced products that give members access to a network of providers
- Convenient locations within the service area for primary care, specialty care, X-ray and diagnostic imaging, lab, hospital services, etc.
- Mail-order pharmacy program and conveniently located retail pharmacies
- My Health Online (not offered by all providers) to schedule appointments, email doctors, view test results, and access records
- Coverage for emergency and urgent care anywhere in the world
- Welcome calls to help new and returning members better understand medical benefits and coverage – and assist in facilitating initial appointments
- 24/7 nurse advice triage line
Western Health Advantage
Since 1996, Western Health Advantage (WHA) has been a reliable health care partner to Northern Californians. Through its HMO network, WHA serves employers (and their employees) and individuals in Sacramento, Yolo, Solano, Napa, Sonoma, and Marin counties as well as parts of Placer and El Dorado counties. Supporting communities is one of WHA’s core values.
Western Health Advantage Benefits Overview
- Affordable coverage with many choices
- A network of thousands of local, trusted doctors and specialists
- Responsive customer service staffed by local, real people
- MyWHA Wellness program with online health and wellness tools
- Discounts on gym memberships
- Nurse24 advice line with access to registered nurses 24/7
- Worldwide urgent and emergency coverage with Assist America
The CaliforniaChoice Advantage
You can offer your employees coverage from nine health plans through CaliforniaChoice – so it’s easy to find one that best meets their unique needs. For example, one employee might select Sutter Health Plus because it includes a preferred doctor, while another employee might choose Western Health Advantage because of its strong regional provider network. With CaliforniaChoice, they both get what they prefer, while other employees have access to seven additional regional and statewide health plan options.
CaliforniaChoice offers other advantages, too. Like one monthly bill for all employees’ coverage, a Member Value Suite with discounts on gym memberships and fitness gear, a Business Solutions Suite that includes a no-cost Premium Only Plan, and a single email and toll-free phone number for customer care.
Visit our website again to see other CaliforniaChoice plan comparisons, including:
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Cigna + Oscar
- Health Net
- Kaiser Permanente
- Oscar Health
- Sharp Health Plan
For additional information about CaliforniaChoice and its Member Value Suite and Business Solutions Suite, talk with your employee benefits agent or health insurance broker. If you don’t already have one, we can help you find one here.