CaliforniaChoice Health Plan Comparison: Cigna + Oscar and Kaiser Permanente
Health care is not one size fits all, which is why CaliforniaChoice gives you the freedom to choose from nine different health plans in a single program. With so many options, CaliforniaChoice fits the diverse health care needs of your employees – there's a plan for everyone.
To help you understand the key benefits of plans offered through the CaliforniaChoice program, we’re comparing each of them and highlighting what makes them unique. In this comparison we're looking at Cigna + Oscar and Kaiser Permanente.
Cigna + Oscar
Partnering in 2020, Cigna + Oscar is designed to work for small businesses. It brings together the power of Cigna's nationwide and local provider networks and Oscar’s member-focused experience. The companies offer affordable, seamless, fully insured health benefits for small businesses and their employees.
Cigna + Oscar Benefits Overview
- Integrated medical, behavioral, and pharmacy services
- Broad access to high-performing networks of doctors and hospitals
- Support from a dedicated concierge team assigned to members to help each understand available plan benefits and find care
- Digital-first support, featuring 24/7 telemedicine at no charge + easy ID card access
- Search tools to review health care providers, book appointments, find facilities, and check prescriptions
Kaiser Permanente was founded in 1945 and was one of the nation’s first health programs to offer comprehensive health care services on a prepaid basis.
Headquartered in Oakland, California, Kaiser Permanente’s innovative spirit drives the country’s largest non-profit health care organization – guided by physicians and focused on providing high-quality care to members.
Kaiser Permanente Benefits Overview
- 11.8 million members in eight states and the District of Columbia, including 8.5 million members in California
- More than 16,000 physicians provide care at 450+ medical offices and 36 hospitals in California
- Only one of ten physician applicants is chosen to become a member of Kaiser Permanente’s care team
- Members choose their own personal physician and can change doctors for any reason
- “Excellent” ratings from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), the leading reviewer of health plan quality
The CaliforniaChoice Advantage
CaliforniaChoice gives you and your employees the ability to choose the health plan that meets your unique needs. For example, one of your employees could choose Kaiser Permanente because of its statewide HMO network. Another employee could select Cigna + Oscar because of its 24/7 accessibility to nurses and doctors.
However, the advantages of CaliforniaChoice go beyond great health insurance options. There are extras for employers, too. CaliforniaChoice offers single source administration for enrollment, billing, eligibility, and customer service. You can manage all of your employees’ health insurance benefits in a single program – and pay just one monthly bill.
Check back to see additional plan comparisons, including:
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Health Net
- Oscar Health
- Sharp Health Plan
- Sutter Health Plus
- Western Health Advantage
Your employee benefits agent or insurance broker can help you learn more about all of the coverage options from CaliforniaChoice. If you don’t already have an agent, you can find one here.