CaliforniaChoice Health Plan Comparison: Cigna + Oscar and Sharp Health Plan
We all love choices, but the reality is navigating the complexities of health insurance can be overwhelming -- for both you and your employees. Each of you is different; you have different health care needs, budgets, and preferences. The truth is, there is no single health plan that works for everyone. That’s what's why we do things differently at CaliforniaChoice.
CaliforniaChoice offers HMO, PPO, and EPO coverage options from the state’s top health plans in a single program. We're proud to announce the newest addition to the CaliforniaChoice program: Cigna + Oscar. In this series, we break down your options and compare key benefits of each of our participating health plans. The comparison below looks at how Cigna + Oscar compares to Sharp Health Plan.
Cigna + Oscar
Partnering in 2020, Cigna + Oscar is designed to work for small businesses. It brings together the power of Cigna's nationwide and local provider networks and Oscar’s member-focused experience. The companies offer affordable, seamless, fully insured health benefits for small businesses and their employees.
Cigna + Oscar Benefits Overview
- Integrated medical, behavioral, and pharmacy services
- Broad access to high-performing networks of doctors and hospitals
- Support from a dedicated concierge team assigned to members to help each understand available plan benefits and find care
- Digital-first support, featuring 24/7 telemedicine at no charge + easy ID card access
- Search tools to review health care providers, book appointments, find facilities, and check prescriptions
Sharp Health Plan
Sharp Health Plan is the only local, commercial health plan serving San Diego since 1992. As a non-profit company, Sharp Health Plan gives back to the community by providing access to affordable health care of the highest quality, serving a variety of organizations ranging from small businesses to large employers to municipalities.
Sharp Health Plan Benefits Overview
- HMO Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze plans
- High Deductible Bronze HMO and Health Savings Account (HSA) plans
- High-performance health care network with more than 600 Primary Care Physicians, 1,100 specialists, and 13 local hospitals
- Sharp Nurse Connection, an after-hours nurse advice line
- Global emergency service program operated by Assist America
- Treatment for minor illnesses and injuries available at CVS MinuteClinic® locations nationwide
The CaliforniaChoice Advantage
With CaliforniaChoice, you and your employees can find a health plan that best meets your individual needs. One of your employees might choose an EPO from Cigna + Oscar. Another employee might prefer a HMO plan from Sharp Health Plan. With CaliforniaChoice, they both get what they want – plus others have the option to choose from additional plans, too.
The advantages of CaliforniaChoice are not just for your employees. There are benefits for you -- like the ability to manage all of your employees’ health insurance benefits in a single program and pay just one monthly bill. CaliforniaChoice also offers single source administration for enrollment, eligibility, and customer service.
Check back to see additional CaliforniaChoice comparisons for these health plans:
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Health Net
- Kaiser Permanente
- Oscar Health
- Sutter Health Plus
- Western Health Advantage
An employee benefits agent can help you learn more about all of the advantages and coverage options from CaliforniaChoice. If you do not already have an agent, we can help you can find one here.