Choose a NorCal Favorite: Western Health Advantage
CaliforniaChoice offers you and your employees seven health plans across the state from which to choose. (NOTE: update to “eight” once Oscar is added.) If you’re in Northern California, one of your options is Western Health Advantage, which prides itself on being a regional favorite.
Headquartered in Sacramento, the non-profit HMO was launched in 1996 by community-based doctors and health care providers. Western Health Advantage is committed to serving the needs of thousands of the region’s residents – from San Francisco to Sacramento, Alameda to San Jose, Fairfield to Folsom, and points in between. The 13-county service area includes Sacramento, El Dorado, Placer, Yolo, Colusa, Solano, Napa, Sonoma, Marin, San Francisco, San Mateo, Alameda and Contra Costa counties.
Western Health Advantage has consistently earned recognition for its high quality, its value to members, and a reputation for acting with integrity and interacting honestly with its partners. In fact, 94.7 percent of Western Health Advantage’s providers say they would recommend the health plan to other physicians’ practices and colleagues, based on the 2016 National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) Provider Satisfaction Survey.
The Western Health Advantage network includes thousands of trusted doctors and specialists from leading medical groups, including:
- Dignity Health Medical Network – Sequoia
- Mercy Medical Group
- Meritage Medical Network
- John Muir Health
- NorthBay Healthcare
- Santa Clara County IPA
- Woodland Clinic
Members can also choose from 30 hospitals in the Western Health Advantage network. (For up-to-date information on the available health plan providers, visit their website.)
Once you and your employees become Western Health Advantage members, you have access to valuable health care services and tools, including:
- Nurse Advice: 24/7 access to Registered Nurses by online chat or telephone;
- Pharmacy: A 24/7 pharmacy provides you with instant access to prescription refills;
- Doctor Access: You can connect online with your doctor 24/7 to schedule an appointment, view lab test results, and more;
- Mobile Apps: You can easily manage your health on-the-go with smartphone apps;
- Health & Wellness Info and Resources: You can access a variety of health resources, including preventive care services, a wellness assessment, classes and support groups, gym discounts, and much more.