CaliforniaChoice Plan Comparison: Oscar Health and UnitedHealthcare
At CaliforniaChoice we offer flexible health care solutions. Our program includes eight top California health plans in a single package, giving your employees the freedom to select the option that fits their unique needs.
Our health plan comparison series explores the benefits of each of our offerings. This comparison spotlights Oscar Health, which offers group coverage in Los Angeles and Orange counties, and UnitedHealthcare, available statewide.
Oscar is the country’s first technology-driven health insurer focused on improving the member experience through easy, personalized service.
Oscar for Business was launched to bring the same Oscar experience that individuals already love to the employer market.
Oscar Benefits Overview
- Full access to a network of first-rate providers that includes top health systems like UCLA, USC Keck, Hoag, Huntington, and others – in fact, Oscar has four of the LA region’s top five hospitals (as ranked by U.S. News & World Report) in-network.
- No referrals required – ever. Being required to visit a primary care physician first in order to see a specialist can waste your time and money. With Oscar, you can go directly to any specialist in your network – no roadblocks!
- A dedicated Concierge team, made up of care guides and a nurse who can answer questions, can help you save money, and find you a doctor. Each Oscar member is assigned his or her very own Concierge team, which means you talk to the same people every time you have questions – no more anonymous call centers.
- Unlimited Doctor on Call. Talk to a board-certified doctor within 15 minutes, 24/7, for medical advice. Oscar will even send prescriptions straight to your pharmacy. All plans offer telemedicine at no cost or a low ($15) copay!
- Oscar’s industry-leading mobile app makes it easy to manage benefits, find great care, and see everything in one place. You can easily search for doctors in your network, track your deductible, understand your claims, see lab results and prescriptions, access your digital member ID card, message your Concierge team, talk to a doctor via Doctor on Call, and more!
UnitedHealthcare of California provides access to quality care and helps you manage your family’s health care costs. The insurer’s large California HMO network includes physicians and health care professionals in your community. Offering a combination of benefits, quality care, wellness programs to help keep you and your family healthier, and award-winning customer service, makes UnitedHealthcare the smart choice for your family’s health care coverage needs.
UnitedHealthcare Benefits Overview
- A broad network of quality local doctors and hospitals
- A member website, uhcwest.com, providing online tools and resources
- Health and wellness programs
- Preventive care for covered family members
- Fitness reimbursement program
The CaliforniaChoice Advantage
With CaliforniaChoice, you and your employees can find a health plan that best meets your individual needs. One of your employees might choose UnitedHealthcare because of its statewide provider network. Another employee might prefer the technology focus of a regional plan like Oscar. With CaliforniaChoice, they both get what they want – plus the option to choose from six other plans, too.
The advantages of CaliforniaChoice are not just for your employees. There are benefits for you, too -- like the ability to manage all of your employees’ health insurance benefits in a single program and pay just one monthly bill. CaliforniaChoice also offers single source administration for enrollment, eligibility, and customer service.
Check back to see additional CaliforniaChoice comparisons for these health plans:
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Health Net
- Kaiser Permanente
- Sharp Health Plan
- Sutter Health Plus
- Western Health Advantage
An employee benefits agent can help you learn more about all of the advantages and coverage options from CaliforniaChoice. If you do not have an agent, we can help you can find one here.