CaliforniaChoice Carrier Comparison: Health Net & UnitedHealthcare
Everyone’s health care needs are different. That's the idea on which CaliforniaChoice was built 25 years ago. CaliforniaChoice gives people the freedom to choose the health plan that fits their unique needs. That's because we offer access to eight premier health plans in a single health insurance program.
Knowing the key benefits of each of our plans helps members determine which health plan is right for them. Our CaliforniaChoice plan comparison series takes a closer look at what you can expect from each. This comparison highlights Health Net and UnitedHealthcare.
Established in 1977, Health Net of California is among the state’s largest health insurers. It offers a range of coverage options to millions of California residents. Within the CaliforniaChoice program, you and your employees can choose from 12 different HMO options.
Health Net Benefits Overview
- Predictable costs and easy-to-understand health care benefits
- A choice of provider networks with trusted doctors, medical groups, and hospitals in cities across California
- Access to nurses by phone 24/7
- A Health Net Mobile app that makes it easier for you to get things done
- 24/7 access to telehealth services, with board-certified doctors available by phone, mobile app, or on the web
- Ability to schedule an on-demand doctor house call for sick/urgent care services through Heal.com (in select urban areas)
- Decision Power Wellness Coaching
- Strength and stability: Centene, Health Net’s parent company, is a Fortune 100 company
UnitedHealthcare of California provides access to quality care and helps you manage your family’s health care costs. The insurer’s large California HMO network includes local physicians and health care professionals in communities across the state. Offering a combination of benefits, quality care, wellness programs to help keep you and your family healthier, and award-winning customer service makes UnitedHealthcare the smart choice for your family’s health care coverage needs.
UnitedHealthcare Benefits Overview
- A broad network of quality local doctors and hospitals
- A member website, uhcwest.com, providing online tools and resources
- Health and Wellness programs
- Preventive care for covered family members
- Fitness reimbursement program
The CaliforniaChoice Advantage
With CaliforniaChoice, you can offer your employees coverage from eight health plans, so they can easily find the one that meets their needs. For example, one employee could choose a plan because it offers treatment through its own facilities, while another employee might select a plan because of its diverse provider network across the state. With CaliforniaChoice, they both get what they want -- and the options for others to select plans based on their specific needs.
CaliforniaChoice offers more than great health insurance. There are other advantages, too. Like one monthly bill for all of your employees’ coverage, value-added benefits through the Member Value Suite and Business Solutions Suite, and a single email and toll-free phone number for enrollment, eligibility, and customer care.
Visit our blog page to see other comparisons for CaliforniaChoice plans, including:
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Kaiser Permanente
- Oscar Health
- Sharp Health Plan
- Sutter Health Plus
- Western Health Advantage
For additional information about all of the advantages offered by CaliforniaChoice, talk with your employee benefits agent or insurance broker. If you don’t have one, we can help you find one here.