CaliforniaChoice Health Plan Comparison: Cigna + Oscar and Anthem Blue Cross
We all love choices, but the reality is navigating the complexities of health insurance can be overwhelming -- for both you and your employees. Each of you is different; you have different health care needs, budgets, and preferences. The truth is, there is no single health plan that works for everyone. That’s what's why we do things differently at CaliforniaChoice.
CaliforniaChoice offers HMO, EPO, and PPO coverage options from the state’s top health plans in a single program. And, we're proud to announce the newest addition to the CaliforniaChoice program, Cigna + Oscar. In this series, we’re breaking it down for you and comparing key benefits of each of our participating health plans. The comparison below looks at how Cigna + Oscar compares to Anthem Blue Cross.
Cigna + Oscar
Partnering in 2020, Cigna + Oscar is designed to work for small businesses. It brings together the power of Cigna's nationwide and local provider networks and Oscar’s member-focused experience. The companies offer affordable, seamless, fully insured health benefits for small businesses and their employees.
Cigna + Oscar Benefits Overview
- Integrated medical, behavioral, and pharmacy services
- Broad access to high-performing networks of doctors and hospitals
- Support from a dedicated concierge team assigned to members to help each understand available plan benefits and find care
- Digital-first support, featuring 24/7 telemedicine at no charge + easy ID card access
- Search tools to review health care providers, book appointments, find facilities, and check prescriptions
Anthem Blue Cross
Anthem Blue Cross is among the state’s top insurers, delivering health insurance coverage to millions of Californians. The insurer offers flexible, innovative benefits, health improvement programs, and simplified administration.
Anthem Benefits Overview
- One of the largest PPO networks in the country with access to more than 60,800 doctors and specialists in California
- Contracted with more than 90% of hospitals in California, including 400 acute care hospitals
- Strong network contracting with an average 60% hospital discount and 48% average provider discount
- Cost and care finder tools online and via the Anthem mobile app; it’s easy to compare costs for common services and procedures based on specific benefits; you can also check the quality of providers through ratings and member reviews
- PayForward gives you an opportunity to earn cash back when shopping at thousands of retailers; a separate Special Offers program includes discounts on healthy products and services
- Wellness programs and tools to help keep you active and fit
The CaliforniaChoice Advantage
With CaliforniaChoice, you and your employees can find a health plan that best meets your individual needs. One of your employees might choose an EPO from Cigna + Oscar. Another employee might prefer a PPO plan from Anthem Blue Cross. With CaliforniaChoice, they both get what they want – plus others have the option to choose from other plans, too.
The advantages of CaliforniaChoice are not just for your employees. There are benefits for you, too -- like the ability to manage all of your employees’ health insurance benefits in a single program and pay just one monthly bill. CaliforniaChoice also offers single source administration for enrollment, eligibility, and customer service.
Check back to see additional CaliforniaChoice comparisons for these health plans:
- Health Net
- Kaiser Permanente
- Oscar Health
- Sharp Health Plan
- Sutter Health Plus
- Western Health Advantage
An employee benefits agent can help you learn more about all of the advantages and coverage options from CaliforniaChoice. If you do not already have an agent, we can help you can find one here.