California Choice Health Plan Comparison: Sharp Health Plan and Sutter Health Plus
When it comes to something as important as health insurance, having a choice should be a given. CaliforniaChoice provides you with that choice. Our program offers the freedom to choose from eight different health plans in a single program.
To help guide your decision, we're highlighting the unique offerings for each of our eight plans [link to hub]. Let's compare Sharp Health Plan and Sutter Health Plus, two regional health plan options available through CaliforniaChoice.
Sharp Health Plan
Sharp Health Plan is the only local, commercial health plan, serving San Diego since 1992. As a non-profit company, Sharp Health Plan gives back to the community by providing access to affordable health care of the highest quality, serving a variety of organizations ranging from small businesses to large employers to municipalities.
Sharp Health Plan Benefits Overview
- HMO Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze plans
- High Deductible Bronze HMO and Health Savings Account (HSA) plans
- High-performance health care network with more than 600 Primary Care Physicians, 1,100 specialists, and 13 local hospitals
- Sharp Nurse Connection after-hours nurse advice line
- Global emergency service program operated by Assist America
- Treatment for minor illnesses and injuries available at CVS MinuteClinic® locations nationwide
Sutter Health Plus
Not-for-profit Sutter Health Plus offers competitively priced HMO health plans in the Greater Central Valley, Sacramento, and Bay Area. When you choose Sutter Health Plus, you gain access to a high-quality provider network that includes many of Sutter Health’s nationally respected and recognized hospitals, doctors, and other health care services – all at an affordable price.
Sutter Health Plus Benefits Overview
- Competitively priced products that give members access to a network of providers
- Convenient locations within service area for primary care, specialty care, X-ray and diagnostic imaging, lab, hospital services, etc.
- Mail-order pharmacy program and conveniently located retail pharmacies
- My Health Online (not offered by all providers) to schedule appointments, email doctors, view test results, and access your records
- Coverage for emergency and urgent care anywhere in the world
- Welcome calls to help new and returning members better understand medical benefits and coverage – and assist in facilitating initial appointments
- 24/7 nurse advice triage line
The CaliforniaChoice Advantage
With CaliforniaChoice, you and your employees have more choice – and the ability to find insurance that meets your unique needs. One of your employees might choose a plan because of its broad PPO network. Another employee might select HMO coverage from a regional or statewide plan. With CaliforniaChoice, they both get what they need – while other employees have the option to choose from six other plans.
There are benefits for you, too – like a single monthly bill for all of your employees’ coverage and single-source administration for enrollment, eligibility, and customer care.
Check back to see additional comparisons on other CaliforniaChoice plans, including:
- Anthem Blue Cross ADD LINKS
- Health Net
- Kaiser Permanente
- Oscar Health
- Western Health Advantage
An employee benefits agent can provide you with more information about the advantages of CaliforniaChoice and the coverage options available. If you don’t already have an agent, you can search for one here.