CaliforniaChoice Health Plan Comparison: Health Net and Cigna + Oscar
People want choices in life - from where the live to what they wear to the car they drive. When it comes to something as important as health care, everyone deserves the freedom to find the option that meets their individual needs. That's why we offer access to nine premier health plans in a single program.
Knowing the key benefits of each of our plans can help members decide which plan is right for them. Our CaliforniaChoice plan comparison series takes a closer look at what you can expect from each. This comparison highlights Health Net and Cigna + Oscar.
Established in 1977, Health Net of California is among the state’s largest health insurers. It offers a range of coverage options to millions of California residents. Within the CaliforniaChoice program, you and your employees can choose from 12 different HMO options.
Health Net Benefits Overview
- Predictable costs and easy-to-understand health care benefits
- A choice of provider networks with trusted doctors, medical groups, and hospitals in cities across California
- Access to nurses by phone 24/7
- A Health Net mobile app that makes it easier for you to get things done
- 24/7 access to telehealth services, with board-certified doctors available by phone, mobile app, or on the web
- Ability to schedule an on-demand doctor house call for sick/urgent care services through Heal.com (in select urban areas)
- Decision Power Wellness Coaching
- Strength and stability: Centene, Health Net’s parent company, is a Fortune 100 company
Cigna + Oscar
Partnering in 2020, Cigna + Oscar is designed to work for small businesses. It brings together the power of Cigna's nationwide and local provider networks and Oscar’s member-focused experience. The companies offer affordable, fully insured health benefits for small businesses and their employees.
Cigna + Oscar Benefits Overview
- Integrated medical, behavioral, and pharmacy services
- Broad access to high-performing networks of doctors and hospitals
- Support from a dedicated concierge team assigned to members to help each understand available plan benefits and find care
- Digital-first support, featuring 24/7 telemedicine at no charge + easy ID card access
- Search tools to review health care providers, book appointments, find facilities, and check prescriptions
The CaliforniaChoice Advantage
With CaliforniaChoice, you and your employees have more choice – and the ability to find health insurance that meets your unique needs. One of your employees might choose a PPO plan because of its broad health network. Another employee might select HMO coverage from a regional or statewide plan. With CaliforniaChoice, they both get what they need – while other employees have the option to choose from dozens of coverage options.
There are benefits for you, too – like a single monthly bill for all of your employees’ coverage and single-source administration for enrollment, eligibility, and customer care.
Check back to see additional comparisons on other CaliforniaChoice plans, including:
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Kaiser Permanente
- Oscar Health
- Sharp Health Plan
- Sutter Health Plus
- Western Health Advantage
An employee benefits agent can provide you with more information about the advantages of CaliforniaChoice and available coverage options. If you don’t already have an agent, you can search for one here.