CaliforniaChoice Health Plan Comparison: Anthem Blue Cross and Health Net
Health care is not one size fits all, which is why CaliforniaChoice gives you the freedom to choose from eight different health plans in a single program. While everyone loves choices, understanding the options and selecting a health plan that is right for you and your family can be a confusing process. So, we’re breaking it down and comparing key benefits of each of our eight participating health plans. We are kicking off our comparison series with Anthem Blue Cross and Health Net.
Anthem Blue Cross
Anthem Blue Cross is among the state’s top insurers, delivering health insurance coverage to millions of Californians. The insurer offers flexible, innovative benefits, health improvement programs, and simplified administration.
Anthem Benefits Overview
- One of the largest PPO networks in the country with access to thousands of doctors and specialists and more than 60,800 doctors and specialists in California
- Contracted with more than 90% of hospitals in California, including 400 acute care hospitals
- Strong network contracting with an average 60% hospital discount and 48% average provider discount
- Cost and care finder tools online and via the Anthem mobile app; it’s easy to compare costs for common services and procedures based on specific benefits; you can also check the quality of providers through ratings and member reviews
- PayForward gives you an opportunity to earn cash back when shopping at thousands of retailers; a separate Special Offers program includes discounts on healthy products and services
- Wellness programs and tools to help keep you active and fit
Founded in 1977, Health Net of California is one of the largest health insurers in California – offering a range of plans to millions of California residents, including 12 HMO options through CaliforniaChoice.
Health Net Benefits Overview
- Easy-to-understand benefits and predictable costs
- A variety of provider networks where you will find trusted doctors, medical groups, and hospitals in your community
- Decision Power Wellness Coaching
- Nurses available 24/7 by phone
- Health Net Mobile makes it easier to get things done
- Access telehealth services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with board-certified doctors available by phone, mobile app, or on the web
- Access Heal on-demand doctor house calls for sick/urgent care services with any of Health Net’s HMO plans (in select urban areas)
- Strength and stability: Centene, Health Net’s parent company, is a Fortune 100 company
The CaliforniaChoice Advantage
With CaliforniaChoice, your employees can choose the health plan that meets their unique needs. For example, one employee could choose Anthem Blue Cross because of its large PPO network. Another employee could select Health Net because of its 24/7 accessibility to nurses and doctors.
There are benefits for employers, too. You can manage all of your employees’ benefits in a single program and pay just one monthly bill. CaliforniaChoice offers a single source of administration for enrollment, billing, eligibility, and customer service.
Check back to see additional plan comparisons, including:
- Kaiser Permanente
- Oscar Health
- Sharp Health Plan
- Sutter Health Plus
- Western Health Advantage
Talk with your employee benefits agent or insurance broker to learn more about all of the advantages and coverage options from CaliforniaChoice. If you don’t already have an agent, we can help you find one here.