Cal Perks Offers Savings on Fitness, Food, Education, Entertainment, and More
When you’re looking at the options available to you and your business for your employee benefits program, you'll want to research value-added extras offered by the insurers, exchange, or third-party administrator you’re considering. Those value-adds can make a big difference in employee satisfaction.
CaliforniaChoice offers a variety of value-added features and benefits for employers and employees. Among the most popular employee programs is Cal Perks, which is part of the CaliforniaChoice Member Value Suite.
What’s Included in Cal Perks?
The Cal Perks discount program gives you and your employees access to 200+ amazing offers that can save you hundreds of dollars annually on things you will use and places and services you and your employees will love.
The Cal Perks program includes deals on:
- Fitness & Wellness: 50% off the Calm meditation app; 14-day free trial of Beach Body on Demand; 20% off select Fitbits; $25 initiation and $34.99 monthly dues at LA Fitness
- Food Delivery Services: $60 off the first five orders at Freshly; 25% off your first DoorDash order; 50% off your first meal kit from HomeChef
- Online Shopping: 20% off select products at The Honest Company; up to 20% off at 1-800-Flowers, The Popcorn Factory, 1-800-Baskets, Cheryl’s Cookies, and Puravida Bracelets
- Warehouse Memberships: A $30 cash card for new Costco members; a gift card with a new Sam’s Club membership
- Online Education: 45% savings on 12-months of Rosetta Stone; $140 off virtual tech camps from ID Tech; 30-day free trial + discounted membership at Audiobooks; 35% off your first KiwiCo box; 30% off and your month free at ABC Mouse for kids
- Business Needs: Up to 25% off on HP computers; free trial and $75 credit at Constant Contact; 20% off at VistaPrint; 55% savings for your first six months of QuickBooks; 10% savings on office and school supplies at Office Depot
- Hotels & Car Rentals: Up to 60% savings on hotel stays plus 30% off car rental from national partner vendors
- Entertainment: Discounted family fun including Universal Studios Hollywood, Six Flags, water parks, harbor cruises, boat charters, and more; up to 35% savings on movie tickets at AMC, Cinemark, Pacific, Regal, and other theaters
Best of all, Cal Perks is constantly evolving. Many savings opportunities were just added in 2020. Cal Perks is just one of the value-added advantages offered to CaliforniaChoice members.
In addition to Cal Perks, the CaliforniaChoice Member Value Suite offers you:
- Dental Care at a Discount: Enjoy reduced fees at Dentegra® Smile Club dentists across California and nationwide, with instant savings and no waiting period or claim forms.
- Vision Care Savings: The EyeMed® Vision One Eyecare Program offers discounts on frames, lenses, and eye exams at LensCrafters, Pearle Vision, and Target locations.
- Rx Discounts: The California Rx Card delivers up to 80% savings on brand name and generic prescription drugs at 68,000 locations nationwide – often reducing your employees’ cost to less than their prescription drug copay with insurance.
- Hearing Services Savings: Hearing loss is a common health problem, but the EPIC Hearing Service Plan offers savings of up to 50% on hearing aids plus discounts on testing and batteries.
Learn more about the value-added benefits in the CaliforniaChoice program by watching the video here.
You can also talk with your broker to learn more about CaliforniaChoice. It’s the multi-carrier, private health exchange offering health insurance benefits from eight of California’s leading health plans – Anthem Blue Cross, Health Net, Kaiser Permanente, Oscar Health, Sharp Health Plan, Sutter Health Plus, UnitedHealthcare, and Western Health Advantage – plus other benefits you would pay more for elsewhere. If you don’t already have an employee benefits broker, check out our broker directory.