3 Things CaliforniaChoice Groups Are Thankful For
It’s November, when many of us reflect on the things we’re thankful for. When it comes to health insurance coverage, CaliforniaChoice members are thankful for the freedom and flexibility our program offers.
1. More Choices
CaliforniaChoice offers more health plan choices than any other program in California. Members can choose from 110+ options, including PPOs, EPOs, and HMOs. Participating health plans include Anthem Blue Cross, Cigna + Oscar, Health Net, Kaiser Permanente, Sharp Health Plan, Sutter Health Plus, UnitedHealthcare, and Western Health Advantage.
You and your employees also have access to plans in every Affordable Care Act (ACA) metal tier. You can choose Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum. Plus, it’s easy to shop and compare plans. The Online Plan Comparison Tool shows you what plans include your preferred doctors and hospitals. The Rx Search tool lets you find out what plans include your needed prescription drugs.
2. Employer Cost Control
Controlling costs is also important for small business owners. CaliforniaChoice makes it easy for you to work within your budget. With our program, you decide how much you want to contribute to your employees’ health insurance premiums. You can select a Fixed Percentage Amount (50% to 100%) toward a specific benefit. Or, you can choose a Fixed Dollar Amount, for each employee. Keep in mind, your contribution has to be the same for all employees.
Employees then use your contribution toward the cost of the plans they prefer. If they pick plans that cost more than your contribution, they simply pay the difference.
The amount you choose to put toward employees’ benefits is locked-in for 12 months. That simplifies your budgeting. If you want to, you have the flexibility to change your contribution at renewal next year.
3. Value-Added Extras
Better budget control and more options are not the only things that set CaliforniaChoice apart. Members are thankful for the free member perks as well.
CaliforniaChoice offers valuable extra benefits in the Business Solutions Suite and Member Value Suite. These include:
- Discount Dental: The Dentegra® Smile Club offers instant savings, no waiting period, and no claim forms. It includes a nationwide network of more than 20,000 providers.
- Discount Vision Care: The EyeMed Vision One plan offers discounts on frames, lenses, and eye examinations. Visit a LensCrafters, Pearle Vision, or Target Optical store or independent practices.
- Discount Hearing: The EPIC Hearing program offers discounts of up to 50% on hearing-related products, and hearing tests.
- HR Support: Get online human resources support from Mineral (formerly Mammoth HR/ThinkHR). Download customizable forms and get updates on regulations that could affect your business and employees.
- Active&Fit Direct®: Access 4,000+ digital workout videos, lifestyle coaching, and classes from world-class instructors. Get a fitness center membership at just $25 per month at 10,000 participating centers nationwide. (Taxes may apply.)
- Cal Perks: This employee discount program delivers savings on the things you and your employees want. Choose movie, theme park, or sporting event tickets, travel, food delivery, flowers and gifts, online education, and more.
- Prescription Drug Discounts: The California Rx Card offers up to 80% savings on prescription drugs. Includes more than 68,000 pharmacies nationwide, including CVS, Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Kroger, Ralphs, Rite Aid, Walgreens, and others. Your out-of-pocket cost when using the card could be less than your copay with health insurance.
Talk with a Broker to Learn More
Your health insurance broker can provide you with more information about why more than 25,000 business have coverage through CaliforniaChoice . Ask about a custom quote for your employees today. If you don’t have a broker, we make it easy to search for one here.